Creamy Chicken Piccata with Garlic
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice*
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic (use 2 for a super garlicky flavor)
- 3 tablespoons capers
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour mixture and shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet large enough to hold 4 chicken breasts over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the pan and allow to brown for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a platter, keep warm. Drip off any excess oil from the pan, leaving only enough to coat the skillet.
- While the chicken is frying, combine the lemon juice, chicken broth, minced garlic, capers, and red pepper flakes in a 2 cup measuring cup, whisk until combined.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the lemon juice mixture into the pan. Using a whisk, scrape the bottom of the pan so all the brown bits are loosened. Let sauce reduce for 8-10 minutes or [b]until about ⅓ cup of the sauce remains[/b].
- When the sauce has thickened, remove from the flame, add the heavy cream and whisk to combine. Place the skillet back over the flame for just 1 minute until the sauce just begins to boil. Remove from heat. Place the chicken in the sauce, and drizzle the sauce on top if you’d like for the chicken to soak up the flavor. You can also drizzle the sauce over the chicken on a bed of pasta for a more complete meal. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately for best results.
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened (8 ounce)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 flour tortillas, fajita size
- non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce until well combined in a large bowl. The mixture should be smooth.
- Mix the shredded rotisserie chicken and shredded cheese into the cream cheese mixture.
- For each Taquito, spoon a large tablespoon of the chicken mixture onto each flour tortilla. Spread in a thin line from one side to the other.
- Roll each tortilla up tightly around the chicken mixture and place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Continue assembling each taquito one at a time until you’re done.
- Once all taquitos have been assembled and placed on the baking sheet, generously spray the tops with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Pull from oven and flip taquitos over. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Source: The Basic House Wife
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 teaspoons each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Wash chicken breast and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix breadcrumbs, italian seasoning, parmesan and salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix melted butter, 1 egg, garlic and lemon juice.
- Dip chicken breast in egg mixture and then immediately in the breadcrumb mixture, covering both sides of chicken.
- Place breaded chicken breasts in baking dish and cook for 20 minutes uncovered.
Thai Cashew Chicken
- 3/4 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts separated, each cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the cashews on a baking sheet in a single layer. Toast in the oven until fragrant, about 5 minutes. (They will crisp up as they cool.)
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil over high heat until very hot. Add half of the chicken to the skillet and stir-fry (stir as you cook) until lightly browned but not cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Saute onion, red pepper and green pepper in the skillet for about 5 minutes and leave in the skillet.
- Add the remaining tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet; then add remaining chicken, garlic and white parts of the scallions. Stir-fry until the chicken is lightly browned but not cooked through, about 3 minutes. Return the first batch of chicken to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium and add the rice vinegar; cook until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
- Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and water; cook, tossing, until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the scallion greens, cashews and sesame oil. Serve immediately.
Easy Chicken Curry
Source: The Basic Housewife
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 3 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons virgin coconut or vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 piece ginger, peeled
- 4 garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow and/or black mustard seeds
- 5 ounces lima beans
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Purée coconut milk, ginger, and garlic in a blender until very smooth.
- Add chicken and coconut milk mixture to skillet and cook, tossing occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened, 7-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if using, heat 2 tsp. oil in a small skillet over medium. Add remaining ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, & Chicken Casserole
Source: All Recipes
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 (10 oz) cans drained chicken
- 1 (11 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (11 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen/chopped broccoli
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 pound shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Mix in the instant rice, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, mix the prepared rice, chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, butter, milk, broccoli, onion, and processed cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Stir halfway through cooking to help cheese melt evenly.
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Source: Six Sisters
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 5 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 (16 oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Whisk all marinade ingredients and add to chicken in ziploc bag.
- Let chicken sit in mixture in the fridge for 30 min-1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan
- Fill the tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, save 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
- Placed rolled to tortillas into prepared pan
- Mix remaining enchilada sauce with the heavy cream and marinade (if any left) to pour on top
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until brown or crispy on top
Sticky Orange Chicken
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tbsp. cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 2/3 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- cooked white rice, for serving
- Set up dredging station: In one bowl add eggs, and in a second bowl mix together 1/2 cup cornstarch, flour, salt, and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in egg, then toss in cornstarch mixture, making sure to tap off any excess.
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/4” oil. Once oil is shimmering, fry chicken in batches until golden and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil. Add garlic, ginger, and chili flakes and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Whisk in orange juice, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, chili sauce, and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, make cornstarch slurry: Mix remaining tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Slowly whisk slurry into sauce to thicken, and bring back to a simmer. Once sauce starts to look syrupy, about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Toss chicken with sauce and green onions. Serve over white rice.