Cinnamon Apple Energy Bites
- 1 cup dried apples (not freeze dried)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/8 t. allspice
- 2 T. water, more if needed
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and blend until the mixture turns into a paste or dough like consistency.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Source: The Basic House Wife
After you have pitted the squash and picked out the seeds, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lay your seeds out on a baking dish and sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Bake in oven for 15 minutes and enjoy a healthy snack!