Grilled Summer Vegetable Pasta Primavera
- 3 small zucchinis thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ears corn husked and silk removed
- 1 lb cooked penne pasta
- 1 cup fresh halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a small bowl, toss zucchini with garlic, oil, and salt and pepper to taste. On tin foil over medium-high grill heat, stir squash mixture occasionally until tender and slightly charred. Remove from heat.
Grill corn on both sides until slightly charred and cooked through. Remove corn from cob and toss with squash mixture.
Toss grilled mixture into hot cooked penne pasta and add tomatoes, basil, and Parmesan cheese. Season pasta with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. Enjoy!
Vegan Tortellini with Avocado Basil Hemp Pesto
- tortellini pasta
For the pesto:
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2-3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ca. 50ml oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, pepper
- Italien herbs
- birch sugar
- Cook tortellini according to directions stated on the package.
- Meanwhile, roast pine nuts in a pan without oil until goldenbrown.
- Strip basil leaves, wash and chop them.
- Peel and press garlic.
- Blend all ingredients for the pesto in a blender (add oil last until desired consistence) and season with salt, pepper, sugar and lemon juice to desired taste.
- As soon as the tortellini are ‘done’ pour off the boiling water and combine with pesto immediately.
- Serve your pasta in a pasta bowl and garnish with hemp seeds and fresh basil.
Stir Fried Noodles with Shrimp
- 1 lb. raw, tail-off shrimp
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 head green cabbage
- 2 large carrots
- 8 ounces dry pancit canton noodles
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- calamansi (or lime) juice to taste
- sliced green onions for topping
- Mince the garlic and onion. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and onion and stir-fry until soft, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop the cabbage and peel and grate the carrot. Add another tablespoon of oil into the skillet and stir fry the vegetables until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring the chicken stock, soy sauce, and fish sauce to a boil. Add the pancit noodles and boil until the noodles are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and vegetables to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to a large skillet and add the contents of the pot. Stir fry the mixture for about 10 minutes. When most of the liquid has been absorbed, remove from heat and stir in the calamansi juice. Top with sliced green onions.
- Brown the burger and sausage in a skillet with olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients to the skillet
- Let simmer on medium to low heat for 3 to 4 hours
- When finished, add sugar or salt and pepper for taste if needed
Spaghetti Squash and Home Made Meat Sauce
Source: The Basic House Wife, From My Grandma "Linda Bianchi"
*see blog post for how to cook spaghetti squash
- 1 large can whole tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- Use tomato paste can and fill up twice with water
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 small onion minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of allspice
- Italian seasoning sprinkled over the top
- 1 lb of hamburger
- 2 sweet sausage links (mash with hamburger)
Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta
Source: Lil Luna
- 1 box (1 lb) penne pasta
- 3 TB butter
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 TB flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packaged directions.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan, add garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute over medium heat
- Add flour and cook for an additional minute, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and broth, stirring constantly. Cook until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add parsley and parmesan cheese. Add desired salt and pepper. Continue stirring until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
- Pour sauce over pasta and serve.